Volunteering at ScienceWorks
Saturday, April 16th, 10:00am - 4:00pm AND Sunday, April 17th, 10:00am-4:00pm (2 full-day training w/lunch provided)
You don't have to be a scientist to play an important role on our team. You'll find that sharing your time and talent as a ScienceWorks volunteer is as rewarding as it is fun. Learn to run the Painting Pendulum, be an Exhibit Interpreter, or lead Educational Activities! This is a 2 full-day training/orientation with lunch provided both days (the 12 hour training is required to become a volunteer at ScienceWorks).
The 2-day training will include sessions on:
Volunteers opportunities currently available include:
- ScienceWorks philosophy and behind the scenes
- Inquiry-based learning techniques
- How to work with visitors
- Training on activities and exhibit interpretation
- A mini Tinkering workshop with our Director of Education
- office assistant
- outreach team member
- social media team
- event and fundraising team
- shop steward
- exhibit maintenance steward
- facilities steward
- Da Vinci's Garage facilitator
- Parent & Me facilitator
- Field trip facilitator
Click here to register for the Orientation!
2016 Summer Internship Program
ScienceWorks is offering a limited number of summer internships for students, ages 14 and older, who are
interested in science, developing new skills that can be applied personally and professionally, having fun and
giving back to the community. Internships will be held between June 11th and September 11th.
Each Intern will complete a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer service that includes:
To apply: Complete the application at the bottom of this page and return to Greg Dills, Volunteer Coordinator, by April 29, 2016
- Attending a mandatory training on Saturday, June 4 2016, 10:00am – 4:00pm
- 20 hours as a Teaching Assistant during one of our week-long summer camps
- 24 hours as a Museum Exhibit Interpreter and/or Science Activities Presenter OR a possibility of assisting with a second summer camp
|volunteer at ScienceWorks|
A diverse group of over 100 people actively volunteer at ScienceWorks throughout the year. Youth and adult volunteers provide essential services for the museum, and offer a unique Rogue Valley experience to our visitors. Volunteers assist with visiting school groups, present hands-on activities, facilitate visitors’ experiences with the exhibits, help at special events, and work behind the scenes in the office and exhibit shop.
Click here for a list of current volunteer positions.
Adults 18 and over
, click here to complete a Volunteer Application Form
Youth 17 and under
, click here to complete a Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteer benefits include:
- ScienceWorks t-shirt after 25 hours of service
- Family membership after 50 hours of service
- Discounts on merchandise, birthday parties and summer camps
- Special recognition events
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 541 482 6767 ext. 229. Thank you for your interest in volunteering—you bring science to life!
The above document(s) are Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files and may be viewed using the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™. Most newer web browsers already contain the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ plug-in. However, if you need it, click on the "Get Acrobat® Reader™" icon to download it now.