1500 E. Main St.
Ashland, OR 97520
Email: info@scienceworksm. . .
Hours: Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm
The Events Manager at ScienceWorks Hands-on Museum is responsible for developing and organizing a wide variety of special events and facility rentals, to provide cultivation and stewardship of donors, support the mission of the museum, attract a broad variety of audiences and generate a significant portion of the museum’s annual revenue. The position requires someone who enjoys being part of a team with a well developed sense of customer service and excellent communication skills.
Applications: Send your cover letter, resume and 3 references to Ann@scienceworksmuseum.org by July 23, 2017.
- Serve as sales liaison for facility rentals program, responds to rental inquiries, and conducts site tours for prospective clients. The Manager works with operations and program staff to ensure event rental client expectations and needs are exceeded
- Act as Museum liaison for large-scale community events held at ScienceWorks, such as the Rogue Valley Earth Day Celebration.
- Manage and coordinate the fundraising events (e.g. Science of Wine, Brews & Boogie, Fall Luncheon, etc)
- Set, communicate, and maintain timelines and priorities for events
- Identify vendors, secure bids, and manage contracts for events
- Work with all event-related vendors (caterer, florist, design shop, photographer, entertainment, etc.) to ensure successful scheduling, set-up, and production for events
- Manage event expenditures within agreed budgets and purchasing guidelines
- Oversee the production and delivery of event materials and equipment (save the date cards, invitations, seating charts, etc.)
- Organize delivery and acknowledgment of in-kind donations and sponsorships for events
- Stay abreast of organizational and community happenings to avoid conflicts in planning events
- Ensure that ScienceWorks complies with all legal requirements for an event, and keeps our neighbors in mind when planning and implementing events to ensure we are seen as a ‘good neighbor’
- Work with marketing manager and executive director to increase awareness in the community of ScienceWorks as a rental opportunity for private and corporate events
- Other duties as assigned