Volunteering at ScienceWorks
Saturday, April 16th, 10:00am - 4:00pm AND Sunday, April 17th, 10:00am-4:00pm (2 full-day training w/lunch provided)
You don't have to be a scientist to play an important role on our team. You'll find that sharing your time and talent as a ScienceWorks volunteer is as rewarding as it is fun. Learn to run the Painting Pendulum, be an Exhibit Interpreter, or lead Educational Activities! This is a 2 full-day training/orientation with lunch provided both days (the 12 hour training is required to become a volunteer at ScienceWorks).
The 2-day training will include sessions on:
Volunteers opportunities currently available include:
- ScienceWorks philosophy and behind the scenes
- Inquiry-based learning techniques
- How to work with visitors
- Training on activities and exhibit interpretation
- A mini Tinkering workshop with our Director of Education
- office assistant
- outreach team member
- social media team
- event and fundraising team
- shop steward
- exhibit maintenance steward
- facilities steward
- Da Vinci's Garage facilitator
- Parent & Me facilitator
- Field trip facilitator
Click here to register for the Orientation!
|volunteer at ScienceWorks|
A diverse group of over 100 people actively volunteer at ScienceWorks throughout the year. Youth and adult volunteers provide essential services for the museum, and offer a unique Rogue Valley experience to our visitors. Volunteers assist with visiting school groups, present hands-on activities, facilitate visitors’ experiences with the exhibits, help at special events, and work behind the scenes in the office and exhibit shop.
Click here for a list of current volunteer positions.
Adults 18 and over
, click here to complete a Volunteer Application Form
Youth 17 and under
, click here to complete a Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteer benefits include:
- ScienceWorks t-shirt after 25 hours of service
- Family membership after 50 hours of service
- Discounts on merchandise, birthday parties and summer camps
- Special recognition events
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 541 482 6767 ext. 229. Thank you for your interest in volunteering—you bring science to life!